Posts Tagged fashion artist
First i would like to thanks to Sandra Burke, cuz her book was really really proved useful, my friend got A on her final project in college, and her talent in fashion drawing (cuz she’s a designer) improved A LOT. I just wanna put some stuff which i think might be useful for you all.
Fashion Artist- Drawing Techniques for Portofolio Presentation 2nd Edition by Sandra Burke.
The very first thing you need before you draw is preparing the kits.
ideally,you should keep drawign and colouring media together in a plastic tool box that is compact and portable. The best boxes to keep the stuff in order, are those cantilever trays that raise with the lid, when opened. Just like the picture below:
After that, prepare the tools and media.
1. Graphite Pencils : H, HB, 2B and 6B. The degree of hardness is printed on each pencils. H gives a hard line (use for technical drawings), HB gives a medium strength line, 2B gives a soft line, 6B a very soft line (use for sketching, shading, drawing from life).
2. Black Ink fine liners / pigment liners : Size 01, 03, 05, and 07. 01 for fine lines, through 07 for bold lines.
3. Charcoals : Stick and pencils type
4. Rollerball ink pens (silver and white) : Use for highlights and working over dark and black colours.
And the tools you want to use to colour your paintings (colouring media)
1. Markers, 2. Coulour Pencil, 3. Colour Pastel, 4. Brushes, 5. Brush Holder
And now let’s get started.
First, you must understand the proportion. Figure / Body proportion.
The NINE heads template
The nine heads template is a front facing, symmetrical fashion figure, measured in head lengths and widths, and drawn as ovals and triangles. The Nine heads template is a simple stratign point for drawing all fashion poses. It will be used here as a guideline for body proportions.
By following those picture, and Nine Heads method, i think you’ll be able to do it easier. That’s all from me, i hope that helps. And if you really interested to know more about Fashion Drawing, just buy the book (i’m not spamming XD). Enjoy drawing 🙂